Would you like us to come to you and give a talk ?
If your club/group or society or school would like us to hold an illustrated talk at your premises then we would be happy to create a bespoke package just for you. Some of the talks are as follows with more being added all the time.
Price per talk at your venue is £30 plus 30p per mile
New for 2018 – MONICA’S MINDFULNESS WALKS AT THE WEM
We’re pleased to introduce our new Mindfulness walks starting in the new year. Join Mindfulness Walking Guide Monica Porter and discover a new way to take a break from the busy world. You’ll also be walking in the beautiful landscape around Thurne Mill and the Wind Energy Museum.
Strawberry Walks – Sundays – January through to October 2018. Please arrive at 10.30am for an 11am start. Walks finish at approx 2pm. Thurne Mill Opens 11am-3pm.
£10 pp includes strawberry cream tea, circular walk + guided tour of Thurne Mill & Wind Energy Museum.
(minimum booking of 2 to go ahead)
What you can expect:
Meeting up at the Wind Energy Museum, where there is ample parking, we take a short stroll down to the river and walk along the picturesque river bank to Thurne Mill. At Thurne Mill (wind permitting) we can get the huge sails turning impressively and silently in the wind. There will also be a chance for you to take a look inside, take photographs and be given a brief talk on its history and our plans on how to keep it turning long into the future. Following this, we can take a leisurely stroll along the footpaths through Dewbeck woods back to the museum for a strawberry cream tea. If you have any energy left also included in the price is an informal guided tour of the Wind Energy Museum plus a chance to look into our exhibition/education room.
Don’t forget to wear sensible shoes and warm clothing for our winter walks. Remember your hat and sun cream for our summer walks. Pack your camera and binoculars too!!!!
What’s included in your day:
- Walk to Thurne along the picturesque Riverbank. (The circular walk is approximately 4.5 miles).
- Demonstration of Thurne Mill working (Wind permitting)
- Talk on Thurne Mill’s history
- Stroll along the footpaths through Dewbeck woods back to the museum.
- Please bring appropriate clothing for the weather on the day.
- Winter warmer lunch or strawberry cream tea
- Guided tour and working demonstration of the Wind Energy Museum
- Exhibition/education room displaying windmill models, drawings and photos.
- Friendly personal guide
- Souvenirs on sale
- Free parking at Repps-with-Bastwick
Price per person is £10.00 – minimum number of people per walk 2*.
* Due to the length of the walk and possible weather conditions through winter, we suggest that this walk is suitable for anyone over the age of 15.