Friends of Thurne Mill aims are to encourage the interests of people in restoring this, one of
the most iconic wind mills on the Broads – keeping it in good working condition and sustainable for future generations.
- To build an archive of documents (or copies of original documents), illustrations, maps , artefacts and oral histories relating to the history of the mill and the surrounding areas.
- To assist in opening the mill to the public.
- To support the 200 year old drainage pump known as Thurne Mill. Repainting today costs £10,000
£10 a year will support the work in preserving the heritage of the Mill in a working condition for the future and give you:
- Opportunities to get involved with the manning of the mill on opening days
- Two newsletters a year
- Email notification of meetings, events and activities during the year.
To join, please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch about how to make your payment:
Your details will be held on a database and not passed to any third party. It will only be used to circulate the details of Friends events and Thurne Mill and Wind Energy Museum activities.